While your opinions on the type of home you want to own may change during the homebuying process, use this easy checklist to help you prioritize and make the shopping process less time consuming.
- How close do you need to be to: (a) public transportation _______ (b) schools _______
(c) airport _______ (d) expressway _______ (e) neighborhood shopping _______
- What neighborhoods would you prefer?
- What school systems do you want to be near?
- What architectural style(s) of homes do you prefer?
- Do you want a one-story or two-story house?
- How old a home would you consider?
- How much repair or renovation would you be willing to do?
- Do you have special facilities or needs that your home must meet?
- Do you require a fenced yard or other amenities for your pets?